Support for Students
The answers to questions most frequently asked by students are listed below. If you can't find the information you need, contact us using the information to the right. The Student User Guide is also available to help you as you navigate through your course.
- Registration Tips and Tricks for Students (video)
- New My access code beginning with USMM9O does not work.
- Understanding Grading (video)
- How to Read My Scores (video)
- I am having display issues (for example, I can't submit some answers or see hints).
- If I set a cookie filter, will it affect Mastering?
- If I have a popup blocker, will it affect Mastering?
- Can I do my Mastering homework on my mobile phone or tablet computer?
- Why do I have trouble seeing hints and My Answers?
- Why do I have trouble seeing the whole diagram?
- I have a problem with display of images.
Grades and answering problems
How does grading work in Mastering?
Watch a video
- How do I answer the MasteringAstronomy self-guided tutorials?
- How do I type chemical formulas?
- How can I input an answer in degrees?
- When should I take hints?
- My professor doesn't charge for hints. Why am I getting points taken off for wrong answers?
- My professor doesn't charge for wrong answers. Why am I getting points taken off for multiple-choice wrong answers?
- How can I get a grade changed?
- How can I request to have my assignment reset so that I can do it again?
- How can I get an extension on an assignment?
- Who should I talk to about the course material?
- How can I use the Pearson eBook app for the iPad?
- Where is my eBook?
- I have the wrong eBook.
- What is the current status of the eBook?
- When I try to view my eBook, I receive the message, "Error: Invalid User. Please use a valid user." How can I correct this problem?
- Why can't I open eBook content?